Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi
Mr Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi
Senior Lecturer / Head of Information Technology Department
SKom (Applied Network)(Indonesia), MSc (Computer Network)(Malaysia)
Mr. Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi is a Lecturer/Programmer at the Perdana University Centre for Bioinformatics (PU-CBi). He completed a Sarjana Komputer/Bachelor of Computer Science (Applied Network) at the Universitas Bina Nusantara, Indonesia. He also obtained a Master of Science in Computer Network by research at the Universiti Putra Malaysia.
Mr. Sjaugi has two years of experience in teaching applied computer science, imparting to public, undergraduate/graduate students and researchers from workshop to tutorials, and has assisted in the supervision/mentoring of research projects for postgraduate students. He is interested in applying his extensive informatics skills and broad experience to solve biological problems using bioinformatics approaches.
He played a key role in the development of the Malaysia National Grid Computing Infrastructure (i.e. Academic Grid Malaysia), Certification Authority for Research and Education, and Identity Federated Access (SIFULAN). He is currently the Technical Coordinator for Academic Grid Malaysia and South East Asia Chapter of the International Desktop Grid Federation. He has also served as the chair for several international scientific conferences. Most recently, Mr. Sjaugi was elected as the Treasurer of the Asia-Pacific Bioinformatics Network (APBioNet) Executive Committee.
Journal Articles (Peer-Reviewed)
- Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi, Mohamed Othman, Mohd. Fadlee A.Rasid, A New Distance Based Route Maintenance Strategy for Dynamic Source Routing Protocol, Journal of Computer Science, issue 4(3), pages 172-180, 2008.
- Nik Mohamed NE, Raman HSA, Tan S, Azhar NA, Sjaugi MF, Khan AM. Perdana University Centre for Bioinformatics: contributing to the growth of bioinformatics in Malaysia, Asia Pacific Biotech News – Bioinformatics (September issue), issue 18(9), pages 38-42, 2014.
- Raman HSA, Tan S, Sjaugi MF, Nik Mohamed NE, Khan AM. Bioinformatics for vaccine target discovery, Asia Pacific Biotech News – Bioinformatics (September issue), issue 18(9), pages 43-49, 2014.
Conference Articles (peer-reviewed)
- Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi, Mohamed Othman, Mohd. Fadlee A.Rasid, Progress in Source Routing Protocol, in The Third World Engineering Congress, pages 71-76, 2007.
- Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi, Mohamed Othman, Mohd. Fadlee A.Rasid, A New Route Maintenance Strategy for Dynamic Source Routing Protocol, in The 22nd International Conference on Information Networking (ICOIN), pages 1 – 4, 2008.
- Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi, Mohamed Othman, Mohd. Fadlee A.Rasid, Adaptive Route Maintenance Strategt for Dynamic Source Routing Protocol, in The Fifth International Conference on Wireless and Optical Communications Networks, pages 1-4, 2008.
- Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi, Mohamed Othman, Mohd. Fadlee A.Rasid, Mobility Models Towards the Performance of Geographical-Based Route Maintenance Strategy in DSR, in International Symposium on Information Technology (ITSIM), IEEE Proceeding of, pages 1769-1773, 2008.
- Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi, Mohamed Othman, Review on Concurrent Data Transfer in Grid Computing, presented in International Symposium on Grid Computing, 2009, appear in Managed Grids and Cloud Systems in the Asia-Pacific Research Community, pages 195-202, 2010.
- Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi, Mohamed Othman, Mohd. Zul Mohd. Yusoff, Nazmin Nasharul Minhat and Suhaimi Napis, Fostering e-Science Application in campus grid infrastructure based on gLite middleware, in The 2nd International Conference on Education Technology and Computer (ICETC), pages V3-30-V3-40, 2010.
- Jaber AS, Othman M , Sjaugi MF, Grid Computing and Scientific Research : Concepts and Review, in The International Conference on Research and Innovation in Information Systems (ICRIIS), pages 156-161, 2013.
- Raman HSA, Tan S, Nik Mohamed NE, Azhar NA, Sjaugi MF, Khan AM. A one-year postgraduate diploma programme for a foundation in bioinformatics: a case study in Malaysia, in Bioinformatics Education & Training Session. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Bioinformatics (InCoB 2014), Article #92, 2014.
- “Langkah Demi Langkah Membangun Website Dengan PHP (Step-by-step building website by using PHP)”, Datakom, 2002
Project title: Viral Immuno-Variome Analyzer (VIVA)
Research Team: Mr. Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi, Ms. Nik Elena Mohamed, Ms. Tan Swan, Ms. Hadia Syahirah Abdul Rahman, and Assitant Professor Mohammad Asif Khan
Project title: Reverse Vaccinology – an Omics-based Approach to Vaccine Design
Research Team: Mr. Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi, Ms. Nik Elena Mohamed, Ms. Tan Swan, Ms. Hadia Syahirah Abdul Rahman, and Assistant Professor Mohammad Asif Khan
Project title: Predicting Avian H7N9 Influenza Virus Transmission to Humans
Research Team: Ms. Tan Swan, Ms. Nik Elena Mohamed, Ms. Hadia Syahirah Abdul Raman, Muhammad Farhan Sjaugi, Professor Thomas J. August, and Assistant Professor Mohammad Asif Khan