Dr. Sufi Hannan Zulfiqar Rahman
Dr. Sufi Hannan Zulfiqar Rahman
Senior Lecturer, Microbiology
MBBS, MD (Immunology)
Sufi Hannan Zulfiqar Rahman is a Medical Immunologist with interest in Infectious Disease Immunology. He is MBBS (University of Dhaka, Bangladesh) and has MD in Immunology (Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University, Bangladesh). He has been teaching Microbiology and Immunology in undergraduate and postgraduate medical programmes since 2005. Prior to joining PU-RCSI in February 2014, he worked in a number of educational institutes in Malaysia and in Bangladesh. He worked as Senior Lecturer of Immunology in Allianze University College of Medical Sciences (AUCMS), Malaysia, Assistant Professor of Immunology in National Institute of Cancer Research and Hospital, Bangladesh and Lecturer of Microbiology in Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College and Dhaka Medical College, Bangladesh. Besides teaching, he involved himself in many research projects as principal and co-investigator. His special research interest is in Immune response to Helicobacter pylori. Dr Sufi is actively involved in a number of professional organisations. He is a life member of Bangladesh Society of Allergy and Immunology (BANSAI) and worked as Social Welfare Secretary of BANSAI from 2006 to 2008. He is also a life member of Bangladesh Society of Medical Microbiologists and Bangladesh Society of Pathologists
- Saibal MA, Rahman SH, Nishat L, Sikder NH, Begum SA, Islam MJ, Uddin KM. Community acquired pneumonia in Diabetic and Non-diabetic Hospitalized Patients: Presentation, Causative pathogens and Outcome. Bangladesh Med Res Counc Bull 2012; 38: 98- 103 [PMID: 23540185].
- Islam MDU, Rahman SHZ, Shamsuzzaman SM, Chowdhury A, Muazzam N, Ahmed N, Nahar S. Urine Based ELISA for the detection of Helicobacter pylori IgG antibody and comparison with other invasive methods. Bangladesh J Med Microbiol 2010; 4: 14- 17.
- Islam MDU, Rahman SHZ, Shamsuzzaman SM, Muazzam N, Kibria SG, Hossain MT, Sarkar AR, Nahar S. A comparative study of different invasive methods for diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori. Faridpur Med Coll J 2010; 5: 21- 24.
- Rahman SHZ, Rahman MA, Arfin MS, Alam MM, Bhuiyan TM, Ahmed N, Nahar S and Hassan MS. Helicobacter pylori infection and strain types in adult dyspeptic patients undergoing endoscopy in a specialized hospital of Dhaka city. Bangladesh j Med Microbiol 2009; 3: 4- 9.
- Parveen R, Rahman SH, Yasmin R, Quadir MS, Muazzam N and Alam MN. Kikuchi- Fujimoto Disease. Mymensingh Med J 2009; 18: 95- 98 [PMID: 19182759].
- Islam MDU, Rahman SHZ, Shamsuzzaman SM, Muazzam N, Kibria SG, Hossain T, Ahmed A, Begum N. Relation of Helicobacter pylori infection to personal habits and sociodemographic status of the patient. Faridpur Med Coll J 2009; 4: 5- 8.
- Rahman SH, Azam MG, Rahman MA, Arfin MS, Alam MM, Bhuiyan TM, Ahmed N, Rahman M, Nahar S and Hassan MS. Non-invasive diagnosis of H pylori infection: Evaluation of serological tests with and without current infection marker CIM. World J Gastroenterol 2008; 14: 1231- 1236 [PMID: 18300349].
- Rahman SHZ, Azam MG, Rahman MA, Arfin MS, Alam M, Bhuiyan TM, Munshi SU and Hassan MS. Immunoglobulin G antibody response to Helicobacter pylori antigens in adult dyspeptic patients and its correlation with gastro-duodenal diseases. Bangladesh J Med Sci 2007; 13: 25- 29.
- Rahman SHZ, Ahmed N, Rahman MA, Arfin MS, Alam M, Bhuiyan TM, Azam MG, Ahmed MS and Hassan MS. Immunoglobulin G antibody response to Helicobacter pylori antigens and histological gastritis: association of VacA and 37 kD antigen with antral bacterial density. Bangladesh J Pathol 2007; 22: 7- 13.
- Ahmed MS, Raqib R, Sultana R, Kamal SMM, Rahim Z, Shamima GA, Sarker P, Haq I, Rahman SHZ and Hassan MS. Serological diagnosis of tuberculosis with 38 kDa + LAM antigens: a comparison of IgM, IgG and IgA antibodies. Jalalabad Med J 2007; 4: 6- 10.
- Rashid A, Chowdhury A, Rahman SHZ, Begum SA and Muazzam N. Infection by Pseudomonas aeruginosa and antibiotic resistance pattern of the isolates from Dhaka Medical College Hospital. Bangladesh J Med Microbiol 2007; 1: 48- 51.
- Rashid A, Rahman SHZ, Chowdhury A, Begum SA, Nahar SS, Islam KMS, Muazzam N. Laboratory diagnosis of enteric fever by blood culture and sensitivity pattern of isolated Salmonella species. J Dhaka Med Coll 2007; 16: 70- 74.
- Begum SA, Rashid A, Rahman MA, Chowdhury A, Rahman SHZ and Muazzam N. Rapid diagnosis of bacterial pneumonia in under- five children by latex particle agglutination test in urine. Bangladesh J Med Microbiol 2007; 1: 17- 20.
- Rahman SHZ, Ahsan S, Ara I, Nishat L and Rahman MA. Islet cell transplantation for treatment of type I diabetes: advances and prospects. J Medicine 2005; 6: 59- 66.