Patient Care at Perdana University Hospital
Perdana University Hospital is a planned multi-specialty teaching hospital that will include a full complement of in-patient services, ambulatory care facilities, diagnostic capabilities and ancillary support services. We strive to lead the world in the diagnosis and treatment of disease and to train tomorrow’s great physicians and scientists. Above all, we aim to provide the highest quality health care and service to all our patients.
The hospital’s design and development is being undertaken in collaboration with Johns Hopkins Medicine International, the international arm of the first research university in the United States, with a reputation for excellence in research, medical education and clinical care. This collaboration will benchmark the quality of postgraduate education, research and heath care delivery.
A Culture of Safety
The Johns Hopkins Center for Innovation in Quality Patient Care has shared its proven, evidence-based model of quality patient care with other hospitals and health systems throughout the U.S. and across the world since 2002. By virtue of its collaboration with Johns Hopkins University, Perdana University Hospital will benefit from the Center’s grassroots approach to maintaining a culture of safety.
Each work unit at Perdana University Hospital will implement best practices to achieve unprecedented levels of quality and safety and to institute innovative care delivery models for our own patients. This grassroots model calls upon the coordinated efforts of physicians, nurses and managers throughout Perdana University to:
- Facilitate innovative, patient-centered approaches
- Assess and improve the culture of safety and teamwork
- Achieve marked improvement in evidence-based care
- Improve the efficiency and timeliness of patient care
- Build local capacity to analyze, improve and maintain performance
- Encourage studies and publications on safety and quality improvement that expand the knowledge base and disseminate effective approaches