Prepare for your IELTS and be on the road to success! More information can be obtained here.
Specially formulated for novice researches and postgraduate students to learn how to write successful research proposals, theses and papers for publication. Click here for information.
This course is offered to all PU medical degree programme students. It comprises of two components spread over two semesters – Values and Complementary Skills and Perspectives in Medical Humanities.
The Values and Complementary Skills course caters for medical students who have been largely educated in the science stream and have little exposure to the humanities. It is also relevant to these students as they come from different ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds, each with their own unique set cultural behaviours and beliefs but will practice medicine in a heterogeneous society. Finally, this course exposes them to various complementary skills to enable them to better cope with their academic tasks.
The Perspectives in Medical Humanities course is designed from an interdisciplinary field of studies and their application to medical education and practice. It aims to:
- To promote insights into a range of issues from disciplines in the humanities and their application to medicine;
- Provide insights into the human condition such as suffering, personhood, and responsibility to each other;
- Develop and nurture skills of observation, analysis, empathy, and self-reflection — skills that are essential for humane medical care.
Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU)
MPUs are compulsory courses for undergraduate and foundation students. These courses include:
The Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum courses are compulsory courses for foundation level and undergraduate students. These courses include:
- MPU 3001: Hubungan Etnik
- MPU 3002: Bahasa Malaysia Komunikasi 11
- MPU 3003: Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia
- MPU 3004: Pengajian Malaysia
- MPU 3005: Skills for Success
- MPU 3007: Co-curriculum
- MPU 3008: Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- MPU 3009: Comparative Ethnics
- MPU 3010: Outward Bound Malaysia